☀️START YOUR MORNING OFF RIGHT!☀️
There are lots of different breakfast options and NO, donuts aren’t on your list anymore, even if they are filled with “fruit.” Coffee is also not an acceptable “breakfast” when you are creating new healthy habits. If you usually find yourself grabbing a quick EASY Pop-Tart breakfast or skipping because you don’t have time, go to bed 15 minutes earlier so you can wake up 15 minutes earlier and have time for a HEALTHY breakfast. You don’t have to over complicate it. A killer smoothie is just the thing you need to get your day going and takes about 5 minutes to make.
Some powerful ingredients to a morning smoothie are NingXia Red, Lemon Vitality, and any protein powder from Young Living.
– NingXia Red is full of antioxidants from Chinese wolfberries and other fruit juices. They create an unfriendly environment for free radicals which is a huge PLUS! Google it if you don’t know about free radicals.
– Lemon Vitality supports your detoxification organs which are important for keeping the body healthy and clean.
– Protein is a building block of cells throughout the body. It is necessary for healthy skin, nails, muscles, cartilage and blood. Protein helps to build and repair bodily tissues, and it is used to produce hormones and enzymes. Protein also provides the amino acids your brain needs to function at its optimal level. When you eat protein for breakfast, you will feel more energized and ready to take on your day.
Adults in the U.S. are encouraged to get 10% to 35% of their daily calories from protein-rich foods. That’s about 46 grams of protein for women, and 56 grams of protein for men. (https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/protein)
Popular YL protein powders are
– Pure Protein Complete – Chocolate Item # 3298 – 25 grams of Protein per serving (2 scoops)
– Pure Protein Complete – Vanilla Spice 3301 – 25 grams of Protein per serving (2 scoops)
– Slique Shake – 16 grams of protein per serving (1 package) Item #5552 (Vegan option)
TIP TO GO GREEN!
Spinach is a great green to add to your smoothie because it doesn’t have an overpowering flavor. Raw spinach is not as nutritious as cooked spinach. Its iron content is more available when cooked and it contains considerably larger amounts of beta-carotene, lutein, vitamins, and minerals; however, cooking your spinach before tossing it in a smoothie just tacks on more time. In order to increase the absorption of these vital minerals, eat your raw spinach with citrus fruits. The vitamin C helps facilitate iron absorption. The easiest way to do this is to add a splash of citrus. I also add a drop or two of citrus vitality to bring a little sweetness to the dish. #SpinachHack
SMOOTHIE RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY:
NINGXIA BERRY BLAST
1 oz NingXia Red
2 drops Lemon Vitality
Splash of Orange Juice or any citrus juice
1 Slique Shake packet
1 cup mixed frozen organic berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
1 handful of organic spinach
1 cup almond or coconut milk
PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SPICE
2 scoops Pure Protein Complete Vanilla
1/2 of a large frozen organic banana
1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
1 spoonful of organic peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
1 cup Almond or coconut milk
PEANUT BUTTERCUP SMOOTHIE
1 big spoonful of organic peanut butter or any other nut butter
2 scoops of Pure Protein Complete Chocolate
12 oz Almond milk
*Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe? If so, share it with us in the comments!