I know that some healthy lifestyle choices are hard. Do you struggle to order the salad over the burger? Lack motivation to get off the couch and get some exercise? Been there! But guess what?! YL makes it easy to make healthy choices.
I’ll be sharing a series of HEALTHY TIPS to help make it easier to make better choices.
🍋🍊 CITRUS WATER🍊🍋
When exercise and healthy changes become a big part of our new routine it is important to stay hydrated for many reasons. It regulates body temperature, lubricates joints, and transports nutrients and waste throughout the body, which are all important for health.
1. Don’t confuse hunger with thirst! The same part of your brain is responsible for interpreting hunger and thirst signals, which can result in mixed signals.
2. Whenever you think you may be hungry, try drinking a glass of water and waiting 15 minutes. If this satisfies you, you were just thirsty. Some symptoms you may experience when dehydrated include dry eyes, headache, sluggishness, nausea, dizziness, dry skin and constipation. Drink water at regular intervals throughout the day, even if you don’t feel thirsty.
3. One of my favorite ways to spruce up a glass of water is to add Young Living Vitality essential oils. One drop is powerful enough to flavor a big glass of water. Add your favorite flavor and enjoy a refreshing glass of water.
Try Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, Lime, Tangerine or Peppermint Vitality in your water.
– Lemon Vitality supports your detoxification organs.
– Grapefruit Vitality is a great way to support a healthy metabolism which is important to reach your weight goals.
– Peppermint Vitality is perfect in your fitness water when you are looking for more endurance and support with oxygenation.
– Rosemary Vitality can add a special twist to your citrus water. It supports your immune, respiratory, and nervous system.
*NOTE: When drinking citrus water, make sure you drink out of stainless steel, glass, or ceramic. Citrus oils will eat away at anything with petrochemicals in it and you do not want to be digesting broken down petrochemicals.
Citrus oils are cold pressed from the rind. The essential oil does not contain critic acid which means sipping on lemon water flavored by essential oils is not harsh on your enamel like it is when you squeeze a fresh lemon into your water.
*Are you a still or sparkling water kinda person?